Sunday 24 January 2010

Charlas de Denis


Denis Cortella was invited out to Roldanillo by the competition organisation team to bring top level European flying tactics to the event as well as pass on some of his immense knowledge and experience from his years in international competition.
He proved all his theories by winning the competition with a huge margin!
Not only is Denis a thoroughly cool guy and the maestro behind Kortel Design who undoubtably make the best harness' in the world but he's also a really good teacher of flight technique and tactics.
Denis has a very rational, logical approach to flying but can put this across to a large audience in a way that is captivating.
We all sat there wanting to hear more and more each time. Even the highly experienced pilots such as Mike & Jack found themselves putting his theories into practice during the later tasks!
Careful Denis, don't give away all your secrets!
I learnt more in the 2 talks on tactics and speed to fly than I have in the last 5 years of actual competition flying. Some of the stuff he talked about I already do but I now understand the reasoning behind it and why it works, other stuff was completely new but seemed so obvious that I don't know why I have been missing the point for so long! Next rainy day I'll be digging out my polar and making the complete chart of 'speed to fly'.
Thanks Denis - i'll look forward to the next left turn thermal with you! ;-)

No comments: